Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cool Kid's Spaces

Let your imagination run wild when it comes to decorating you kid's spaces. While I am a HUGE fan of the many and varied shades of pink and blue, this is not the only option for your little one's spaces. I love whimsical touches like bunting and their names in wooden letters but don't forget to think about more 'grown up' options for lighting and colour choices. Think amazing lamps like a great Kartell or a gorgeous chandelier for a little girl.
For colours, think about bold choices like Hermes orange and navy or a very Scandinavian all white space colour scheme (breathtakingly beautiful if you have the luxury of another space they play in - yes, I can be practical and have to be honest about this one, not the easiest to keep clean with little one's!)...my point is, don't get too stuck by the whole blue and pink thing. Accessorize with vintage toys, skateboards as art, trellis print fabrics, lush rugs, pom poms, lanterns, tee pees, Moroccan pouffes, framed photography...as I say let your imagination run wild!
What are your ideas for kid's spaces? How do you or would you add interest?

























Images Pintrest

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh golly these pics are just divine! And guess what I have given you a "One lovely Blog" award, if you'd like to play along just check out my blog, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics. I made the boys a tp tent, it was pretty big, and came crashing down the next day(partly because of them pulling on the fabric, and the poles constantly)...need to work on reinforcing it because they loved it.

    I was inspired recently by Piccolina's playroom. You've got to check it out...she is AMAZING. ( I blogged about it yesterday.)

    Awesome pics Miss Walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these rooms! I have always wanted a teepee for my boys and the second picture is such a calm room...really I want them all in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful spaces! I wish my room looked half as incredible as any one of these growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I thought I could pick favourites but I can't at all!!! They're all so beautiful!



    Belly B
    http://www.bforbel.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, i love all the teepees! i would definitely live in every single one of these rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my gosh, where has your blog been all my life! I love your pictures and inspiration! I'm definitely going to be following!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

    sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many precious, precious rooms...just did a post on teepees and they look so cute in a child's room!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog, i really appreciate it...

    I'm loving your background image that you use for yours, such a beautiful use of colour and pattern...

    bf xx

    ReplyDelete

You have made me smile by leaving your gorgeous comment! Thanks! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...